WOW. OKAY. SO.
I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by the lovely Rae M. Meadows. This is such an honour, first and foremost, because oh my God. I’ve never been nominated for a blog award before. This is so exciting. Wow. Wow. Okay. Here we go!!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
2. Post about the award
3. Share 7 facts about yourself
4. Nominate, AT MOST, 15 people
5. Tell your nominees the good news!
THANK YOU RAE AHHHHH ❤ ❤ ❤
Alright. Onto the facts. Let’s see if I can think of things I haven’t already divulged here.
- I’m allergic to chocolate, bananas, Vicodin, some animals, some plants, some makeup, and pecans. Might as well add “happiness” to that list as well.
- When I grow up (ha) and get my own actual place of residence (like a house, not a dorm building or apartment), I am determined to get either an Australian Cattle Dog puppy or a German Shepard puppy, and name him Kepler, after the German astronomer Johannes Kepler. Alternatively, a Bengal cat would do nicely instead of a dog, depending on where I’m living and what my life is like as far as scheduling goes. Because, you know. Cats tend to require less… constant supervision.
- I pretend to be low-maintenance, but in reality, I’m exceptionally stringent when it comes to my appearance. I will spend ten minutes preening in front of a reflective window if I catch sight of myself in a reflection outside. I love looking at myself, which is hilarious considering how low my self-esteem is.
- I have an extremely difficult love-hate relationship with cucumbers. They don’t taste like they’re trying to taste like anything except crunchy water with a subtle hint of… something fresh-ish. I get that they’re a palate cleanser, but… I don’t know. I hate them. But I can’t not eat them.
- I bought my first chest binder when I was 17 and it was literally the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.
- My favourite weather is anything below like 55ºF, preferably above 35ºF, with minimal wind… and rain. Lots of rain. And if there’s no rain, then just overcast skies. No sun. Take the sun away. The only exception to the overcast skies bit is at the dead of night; I love when the sky is clear and I can see the stars.
- I have always wanted, and will always want to live in London. Or somewhere near there. My late great-grandmother and my aunt believe I was a child of England in a previous life due to the fact that, at an exceptionally young age, I knew things about Great Britain that no one that age in America would have known unless taught in school, and I wasn’t yet in school at that time. I (allegedly) went on for ages about experiences I’d had in England, places I’d been, and told them about friends I had over there who I played with. So, if you believe in reincarnation, then hey. Maybe I lived across the pond in a past life. Then again, kids do have wild imaginations.
Alright, there are my seven facts. As far as nominations go, here are just a few of my favourites. Obviously Rae is among my favourites, too. Go check her out. Anyway, on with the nominees!!
Everyone reading, I’d highly recommend you check out the aforementioned blogs (including Rae’s). To those of you whom I’ve nominated, don’t feel obligated or pressured to participate. But if you do want to… Get crackin’. ;D
Until next time, dear readers.
Sam, signing off.